The Bloggers



download-225x300Jason Dzubow is an immigration attorney who specializes in political asylum, immigration court, and appeals.  He is a partner at Dzubow & Pilcher, PLLC, and his full profile can be found here.

Contact Jason Dzubow about an Asylum or Immigration case:

[email protected]

(202) 328-1353 

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

alban August 26, 2016 at 2:00 am

Thanks for the amazing job that u doing .MY brother passed the border and he’s in Detention center he did his interview after 82 days now he’s waiting for asylum result its been more than a month that he didnt received anything usually it takes 18 days for asylum result, What do u think how long can it take for the decision ?

Thank you, looking forward to hear from you.


TJ August 25, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Hi Jason,
I changed my city and also submit to USCIS that I moved to a new city. I have not received anything from USCIS about change of address. Did I have to get something? Also does it affect my EAD renewal which I applied recently?




Aleksandar Ilic August 25, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your wonderful blog. I do have a question for you. I am a granted asylum applicant, I got my green card a year ago. Four months ago I applied for travel document and I still didn’t get it. Any thought on is there a possibility that I will wait for travel document more than a six months?Also I did have my fingerprints and now I am waiting to it. When I applied for it there was a question how long I am planning to stay in the third country. I said that will be approximately 2 months. However, due to change of plans It will be so important for me to stay about 5 months and then come back in USA. Would I face any problem regarding my longer stay? Thank you, looking forward to hear from you.


Stephen August 25, 2016 at 2:39 am

Hi Jason,
I submitted application to expedite my asylum case due on medical and other grounds and received a response from the Chicago asylum office stating that they will be scheduling my interview at the nearest opportunity when the Omaha field office opens to start conducting interviews. They stated that currently there are no interviews conducted in the field office due to lack of funding. They did not mention when they expect the funding to happen. Do you have any idea if this is a general problem or it is unique to the Chicago/Omaha office? Or do you know how long this may take? Its already a couple of months and i have not heard anything. Please advise.


Jason Dzubow August 25, 2016 at 6:34 am

I had not heard that before. I doubt it will work, but maybe you want to contact them and ask whether you can do the interview at the Chicago office (assuming you can get there). It may be worth a try. Good luck, Jason


Stephen August 26, 2016 at 1:15 am

Thank you Jason. Are there any affirmative asylum interviews being scheduled in field offices else where that you know of?


ILYAS AHMAD August 24, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I have a question that my father is seriously ill and i have pending asylum case. In emergency I applied for advance payroll with supporting documents. But due to emergency of my father I left USA with my country’s passport. Now I am in my country. Can I wait to receive my documents means payroll or inform USCIS about my current location. I have B1 valid visa till 2020. Can i go back to USA or what remedies available for me. I am in great trouble please help me.


Jason Dzubow August 25, 2016 at 6:29 am

You can wait to see whether you get the Advance Parole and then someone can send it to you, and you can use it to re-enter the US. You can probably also re-enter the US on the B visa, but be aware that you could be detained at the airport and forced to do your asylum case in court (instead of the asylum office) and in detention (though probably you would be released). Also, the fact that you returned to your country will hurt your asylum case, so you need to get evidence about why you returned (father’s medical records) and how you remained safe while you were there. Good luck, Jason


ILYAS AHMAD August 25, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Thanks a lot sir due to fear I used another airport and secondly i shift my father another hospital from my native town. The important another question is can i wait about 90 days for my advance payroll. And if i wait 90 days can it damage my case and my life too because im feeling very uncomfortable in my country and i also have a fear of death. Can I move from my country to Dubai to safe my life. Im very confused please help me sir.


Sanny August 24, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Dear Jason,
Thanks a lot for the help and support. I have submitted my application in May 2016. I don’t have a surname in any of my documents and while filling the I 589, i used my only name in First name and put Fnu in last name. Now, i have realized that in my I 94, My First name is Fnu and Last name is my actual name. Do i need to get this corrected and if yes, then how?
Sincere thanks.


Jason Dzubow August 25, 2016 at 6:22 am

The whole FNU thing is very annoying. You can certainly correct this at the asylum interview, but you may want to do it earlier so that USCIS can perform the background check properly (you’d think they would figure that out themselves, but they do not always do so). You can contact the local asylum office (or go in person) and let them know – and see what they say. You can find their contact info if you follow the link at right called Asylum Office Locator. Take care, Jason


yenealemka August 23, 2016 at 11:50 pm

How you doing dear sir Jason
Now I am doing good and I have already hired , but I have got some family problem , In my country now ( Ethiopia) the ruling government is killing people and putting Amhara and oromo people in jail , the ruling government ( EPDRF ) was tried to arrest and put me in jail because of my political opinions and my ethnic group ( Amhara ) before I have leaved my country, now they have turned their face to my family and harassing them in different ways , moreover they have an intention to put my wife in jail , if that so I do not know who is going to care my younger child and she will be in jail for the rest of her life , so can the immigration expedite my case if I write a notice to them about the matter , or what would you advise me to protect my family
thanks for time and wishing all the best God blesse you


Jason Dzubow August 25, 2016 at 6:03 am

You can ask them to expedite based on the threat to your family. However, even if they do expedite the case, it will probably take at least a few months. Then, if you are granted, you have to file for your wife and children, which probably takes at least 4 more months, and most likely, even longer. Therefore, if your family is in danger now, expediting your case will not help much. Maybe they should go to a third country while they wait for your case, though obviously that presents other difficulties. By the way, make sure you give copies of your marriage certificate and children’s birth certificates to the asylum office as part of your case. Good luck, Jason


Leave a Comment