Work Permits for Asylum Seekers—Some Good News

by Jason Dzubow on January 25, 2017

The new Administration has raised anxieties in immigrant and asylum seeker communities. In part, this is because of President Trump’s rhetoric (and rhetorical style) during the election. And in part, it’s because we just don’t know what to expect from a Trump Administration. Rumors have been flying: Will there be some sort of Muslim ban? Will the President repeal DACA? Or will he (and Congress) create a permanent legalization for DACA recipients? Mr. Trump will be issuing some executive orders later today banning Syrian and other refugees from coming to the U.S., and restricting visas for people from certain Middle Eastern countries. How this will all play out, we shall see.

Filling gaps is a good thing.

But amidst the uncertainty, there is some good news related to work permits—or Employment Authorization Documents (“EADs”)—for asylum seekers.

First, last fall, the government started issuing two-year EADs instead of one-year EADs to people with pending asylum cases. This was a helpful development. It saves money since applicants now only have to apply for a new card every other year. It also makes it easier to obtain and retain employment, since employers feel more confident hiring people who have a longer period of authorized employment. In addition, many states issue driver’s licenses that correspond to the dates on the EAD, so a two-year card means a two-year license. All this helps ease the wait for people seeking asylum.

Second, last week the government issued new (and long anticipated) regulations “to help prevent gaps in employment authorization”:

DHS is providing for the automatic extension of expiring EADs (and underlying employment authorization, if applicable) for up to 180 days with respect to individuals who are seeking renewal of their EADs (and, if applicable, employment authorization) based on the same employment authorization categories under which they were granted.

This means that when you file to renew your EAD, your card will be automatically extended for 180 days once you receive the receipt (it usually takes three or four weeks to get the receipt). This is an important development, since USCIS has been taking months to process EAD renewals, and people were losing their jobs and driver’s licenses while they waited for their new EADs.

The automatic EAD extensions apply to refugees, people with asylum, and people who have pending asylum or withholding of removal cases, among others. You can see the new regulations here (see page 82491, the second to last page of the PDF) and here (page 82455, footnote 98, which lists the categories of people eligible for the automatic EAD extension).

Also, remember that you can apply for a new EAD up to 120 days before the old card expires. Even with the most recent change, it is still a good idea to apply early for your new card, so you receive the replacement EAD as soon as possible.

And here’s one last tip for today. If you cannot afford to pay for the new EAD (fees recently went up), you can request a fee waiver from USCIS, which—if granted—allows you to obtain a new EAD without paying the fee. To apply for a fee waiver, use form I-912, available here.

I have written many times about the affirmative asylum backlog. It has been a real disaster for asylum seekers—especially those separated from their family members. The recent changes to the EAD process, during the waning days of the Obama Administration, have at least made one aspect of the wait easier, and for that, we can be thankful.

[Update 03/27/17: USCIS has published a helpful summary of the categories eligible for the automatic extension here. They also created a useful Fact Sheet, available here.]

Taha September 20, 2017 at 10:52 pm

Hi jason first of all thank you for replies and to respond for everyone we are really appreciate that i have simple question uscis received my application on 14 august and they sent me a letter c08 how long you think is going to take my ead
sincerely

TARIQ Raja September 19, 2017 at 5:18 am

Hello..JASON..I APPLIED FOR EAD AFTER 150 DAYS PENDING ASYLUM..RECIEPT HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY ME..MY ONE MONTH 15 DAYS HAVE PASSED FROM THE RECIEPT DATE..I HAVE APPLIED FROM NEW YORK…SIR HOW MUCH TIME IS REQUIRED FOR MY FIRST EAD …PLEASE …THANKS..TARIQ RAJA

Jason Dzubow September 19, 2017 at 10:16 pm

We are seeing EADs take 3 or 4 months, and sometimes more. Hopefully, yours will be faster than that. Take care, Jason

Hello..TARIQ Raja September 19, 2017 at 10:48 pm

Hello…JASON ..THANKS A LOT.

Soro September 18, 2017 at 6:30 pm

So, I see a lot of confusion and negative feeling in comments here.
So, I would like to give everybody my timeline based on recent EAD application.

August 4, 2017 : 151 days from asylum application : Sent EAD application
August 21,2017: Receipt notification from USCIS
September 6, 2017: Card is being produced.
September 8, 2017: Card was mailed to me
September 15 : Received the EAD card.

Total time to get the EAD: 38 days.

I would like to thank Jason for comforting all of us here in the comments and responding to every single one of us. You have our goodwill and blessings, if nothing else.

Keep writing!

And to everyone else, good luck & have faith. Getting EAD is probably the easiest part of asylum application. I don’t know about what is to come.

NAYA YAKH September 18, 2017 at 11:01 pm

Glory to God and I believe that God shall do the same with me but tell us , is the ead valid for how many years ??? and what will you be showing when you will go do your drivers licence ? or either will you start doing your SSN first then after your drivers licence or you will start doing first your drivers licence . thank you for sharing your testimony it gives hope .

Jason Dzubow September 19, 2017 at 6:39 am

These days, EADs are valid for 2 years. The other questions, I do not know about. Take care, Jason

Dennis Owen September 18, 2017 at 11:06 pm

Which office is in charge of your asylum case and where You applied for EAD?
This will also be helpful to us.
Thanks.

Jason Dzubow September 19, 2017 at 6:31 am

Thank you – That was fast. Can you let us know what state you are in? Thank you, Jason

Soro September 20, 2017 at 6:07 pm

I am in California and my application was processed by Texas Service center.

I had a question regarding EAD renewal- if asylum officer referred my case to court and the judge denied my case and I goto EOIR, will I still be eligible for EAD renewal in next 2 years? (Although not likely to happen, I am just trying to see worst case scenario.)

Sana September 17, 2017 at 12:36 pm

As an Asylee if I work, can i work more than 40 hours per week?

Jason Dzubow September 18, 2017 at 5:44 pm

If you have a work permit, you can work as much as you want. Though I imagine it will not be possible to work more than 168 hours in a week. Take care, Jason

AZRN September 15, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Thank you Mr. Jason for sharing your valuable information with us.
I would like to share my EAD application timeline, and I hope it will help some of you out there as yours did help me a lot:

May 17 …….. EAD Application filed. Case was received in Texas Service Center.

August 10 …… Generated first SR at day 85

August 12 ……. Got this email ” The status of this service request is:
“We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. Your case is currently in line for processing and adjudication. Cases are processed in the order in which they were received. Please note that for Form l-765 category (c) (8), based on a pending asylum application, the processing time frames listed only apply to an initial filing. If you do not receive a decision or notice of further action within 30 days, please contact customer service. What You Can Do Please see the “Online Services” below to check the status of your case in the future. We hope this information is helpful to you.”

August 14 ……… Called USClS Customer Service to inquire about the delay as its been 89 days since I applied and that l should get my EAD after 30 days only. l was advised to call the following day as it will be 90 days post application and then they can give me an answer.

August 15 ………. Day 90, Called them again. Nobody could give an answer. When I suggested to create another SR, l was told to wait for another 30 days to be able to create another SR.

August 28 ……… Day 103, Visited the office of the Congressman and filed a request to expedite the process, especially that l have a job offer already since June. They did file the request for me immediately.

September 1….. Day 107, The congressman office received this email from USCIS: “U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show that your constituent’s case is being actively reviewed with an USCIS adjudication officer. We assure you that her case will be processed as expeditiously as possible under applicable laws, regulations and policies.
If after 45 days from the date of this email USCIS has not notified your constituent regarding the status of this case, please feel free to contact our office to request the status. We hope the information provided is helpful. If we maybe of assistance in the future, please let us know.”

September 12 …….. Day 118, Booked infopass appointment with the local USCIS office to see what they can do about the delay. Got absolutely nothing. Waste of time!

September 14……… Day 120, Contacted the congressman office again to followup since that it’s been 2 weeks from their email.

September 15….. Day 121, case status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”.

I hope that I get it by next week.

Good luck to you all.

NAYA YAKH September 15, 2017 at 11:42 pm

congratulations and thank you for sharing your timelines with us. God Bless You

AZRN September 16, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Thank you NAYA YAKH. Good luck to all of you.

Jason Dzubow September 18, 2017 at 6:27 am

Ugh. It would be nice if they would just do their job and process these cases. I hope the card arrives soon. Take care, Jason

Sandeep September 13, 2017 at 11:23 pm

I applied my EAD on 17 JULY. When I checked online, it says case was received this is my 3rd EAD. So my question is do you think they giving EAD to everyone or is there any chances to refuse the EAD renewal. Do you have any experience if someone got refused to renew the EAD. I’m very scared if they refuse me gave me new EAD. Please reply.

Jason Dzubow September 14, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Unless something has changed (like your case was denied or you were convicted of a crime), you should get the EAD. EAD renewals are slow, so it may take longer than normal, but you should receive it in (hopefully) less than 4 or 5 months. Take care, Jason

Lavenson September 13, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Hello Jason
I just applied for the new EAD on June 18 and the current online status has been “Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction” for more than a month. The person who was applied after me, he already got the card. Can you please tell what is the meaning of my status and if it is in a normal process.
On the letter that they sent me, my case has transferred to the TEXAS service center.

Jason Dzubow September 14, 2017 at 9:40 pm

It is probably normal – USCIS transfers these cases around based on work load. Also, EADs are delayed for most people. They are often taking more than 4 months, so hopefully, you will get yours soon. Take care, Jason

Jasmin September 13, 2017 at 6:12 pm

Hi,
I did apply for my initial EAD under pending asylum in May 15. Its pending until now. I have pending job offer since June 2017 and even though I sent them that piece of information, it didnt help. I raised 2 SR, spoke with congressman office, went inperson to an InfoPass, but nobody could help. Its been 4 months now and I’m afraid to lose the job offer.
When I went through the application, I discovered that I put a check on the box of “renewal of my permission” instead of “Permission to accept employment”. I thought that I had to check that box because I had 2 EAD last year based on my previous status as F-1 (CPT , OPT). And they did ask for a copy of my old EAD. And I also paid the $410 fees while I discovered that as initial EAD based on pending asylum I didn’t have to pay.
I did try to explain these mistakes to USCIS through an SR, but no luck. I feel stupid and frustrated and I’m blaming myself for causing problems for myself. Do you think that checking that box is what caused the delay? Who can I ask for help? My EAD is with Texas office.
Please advice.

Jason Dzubow September 14, 2017 at 9:39 pm

It certainly is not your fault, as the system is confusing and frankly, pretty stupid. That said, these types of mistakes are very frustrating. EADs are slow for everyone, and so I do not know if the errors are causing this delay, or it is just normal delay. In your case, USCIS may be trying to decide whether to renew your EAD based on OPT, especially if you did not list the category of EAD as c-8 (for asylum pending). If the Info Pass did not help, you can try the USCIS Ombudsman – a link is at right. They might help, but they are slow (several months). You might also consider filing a correct I-765 under the correct category and without the check. Since it is free, you probably don’t have much to lose, but there is always a chance it might interfere with the pending I-765. Another option is to wait and see whether they issue you a request for evidence. In short, it is hard to know what to do, and it might be worthwhile to talk to a lawyer to see whether they can try something (maybe through a liaison process, which we can sometimes use to cut through the bureaucracy). Good luck, Jason

Jasmin September 15, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Thank you for your kind support, Mr. Dzubow. I will keep on waiting and I believe I will be hearing good news soon.

Brix September 13, 2017 at 12:46 am

I want just to know something.
So can you tell me, what’s the best time to renew a EAD before expiration.
How long day before to do that for avoing issues with USCIS.
It’s just for information that I wanna know.

Thanks!

Fardin September 13, 2017 at 1:39 am

Hii mr jason bless on you
Me to I’m joining the same question which is mr brix asked you sir !!please let us know about it and mine is auto extansion for 180days thank you

Jason Dzubow September 13, 2017 at 6:38 am

Same answer – We are applying 120 days before it expires, but I think you can apply 180 days early if you want (check the I-765 instructions at http://www.uscis.govhttp://www.uscis.gov). Take care, Jason

Jason Dzubow September 13, 2017 at 6:37 am

We are applying 120 days before it expires, but I think you can apply 180 days early if you want (check the I-765 instructions at http://www.uscis.gov). Take care, Jason

Laura September 13, 2017 at 12:00 am

Jason:
I have a question,I did send renew my working permit at June of 2017.the uscis received at 06/15/17. But until now I still waiting my new working permit.the problem is my old working permit expired at 09/07/17.also I lose the recipes paper. Right now I only have the recipes Number. The problem is my working place ask me my new working permit. I don’t have it.what can I do. I called uscis. They can not send copy. I toldtold them my problems.they give me reference number. Said will give me answers in 15-30 days. But how can I keep my work.please help me.thank you so much.
Laura

Jason Dzubow September 13, 2017 at 6:36 am

If you paid for the renewal by check, you can get a copy of the check from the bank and it will have your receipt number on it. Maybe that, plus the old EAD, plus the government websites in the article above will be enough for the employer. If not, maybe you can make an Info Pass appointment (at http://www.uscis.gov) and go in person, and maybe USCIS can give you something in writing. I am not sure whether that will work, but you can try. Good luck, Jason

TARIQ Raja September 12, 2017 at 4:34 am

Sir. .i applied for initial EAD pending asylum case..i recieved confimation of my application by I767..Notice of action… On 4 September 2017 one month have been completed..How much more time is expected to be required as to i will get my EAD..
CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND IT ME ON MY E.MAIL..
[email protected]

Jason Dzubow September 12, 2017 at 6:46 am

Initial EADs generally take from 2 to 4 months. Take care, Jason

Dennis Owen September 12, 2017 at 10:13 pm

What area are you?

Dennis Owen September 12, 2017 at 10:14 pm

What uscis office is handling your case?

TARIQ Raja September 19, 2017 at 4:26 am

TARIQ Raja September 19, 2017 at 5:08 am

DEAR JASON and DENNIS…I APPLIED FROM NEW YORK and NEBRASKA OFFICE..PLEASE ADVISE ME.THANKS..TARIQ RAJA….PLEASE refer TO MY REQUEST DATED 9 September TIME 0430am..PLEASE advise..THANKS..TARIQ RAJA

Brix September 9, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Hello to everyone and thousands of thanks to Jason,
I want to tell to everyone who believe that people who is working at USCIS are human like you and me, even if the law exists.
I had applied for my first EAD, three weeks later Notice was returned to them (USCIS) because the USPS couldn’t deliver the notice to me, it was so strange to see this happened to me while I never changed address, after calling them the same day that I got this notification, they said: “We will try to resend the document if we can…”
For the first time I was so frustrated but I didn’t give up rather was and became so optimistic and strongly believing to God.
What I expected is what I got! less two weeks from my application to receive the EAD in hands.
Here’s my timeline:
07/10: Form i-765 received
08/01:The Post Office returned a notice to USCIS
08/24: New Card Is Being Produced
08/24: Card ordered (the same day than production)
08/29: Card mailed
08/30: Approved letter my EAD was mailed to me
08/31: Got it!
State: Nebraska
It took 52 days (1 month and 21 days).
I told to God, I need to receive my EAD before the end of the month of August and it was accomplished as I wanted.
I know it’s not easy to cross all these steps but know one thing: “Everything is possible to one who believes” it’s true.
No matter what people are saying, just be right and follow instructions as given by USCIS, some good advises from people like Jason, so helpful and finally the most IMPORTANT THING is to BELIEVE in God and in what you do.
And I can say WHAT YOU EXPECT IS WHAT YOU GET
There is no better than that!
Good luck for Asylum cases and/or Work permit pending.
Just BELIEVE! EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

NAYA YAKH September 9, 2017 at 6:33 pm

amen , i believe mine is on his way ,thank you for this testimony. this is the invisible hand of God that release your ead card . as a man think in his heart so is he . thanks

Brix September 10, 2017 at 12:34 am

Yes, it took less than two months to get my card in hand. (not less than 2 weeks but less than 2 months).
Keep strong, never give up, I hope, in few days, you’ll come back on this same website to testify.
Thanks.

NAYA YAKH September 10, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Amen dear Brix i received i need my card in few days.

Jason Dzubow September 10, 2017 at 11:39 am

Thank you for sharing – I wish it would go so quickly for everyone. Take care, Jason

Gagan Malhotra September 8, 2017 at 3:23 pm

I really appreciate your work, its really helpful.

I have a question about my Asylum case which I filed in Jan 2016 in California State. I haven’t got any notification for the court or USCIS hearing till now, may I know what the expected timelines for the same and how the process goes further for approvals. Many Thanks

Atif September 8, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Hi,

I would say, keep your focus on clauses. This is a nation of laws and immigration is no different.

Some info might be confusing but the answers are if you investigation.

And tips like Jason’s is something you cant find in any book or site- but they very handy and can work wonders with right info.

Cordially,

Atif.

Jason Dzubow September 8, 2017 at 4:01 pm

If your case is not in court (i.e., it is an affirmative asylum case), you can check the Asylum Office Scheduling Bulletin for an idea about your wait time. A link is at right. Take care, Jason

Atif September 8, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Thanks for all the work you do.

I spoke to you earlier, I went to DMV with receipt before EAD expiry and they told me to come after it expires.

I am in NY, after expiry when I went they say they have no details and cant give me a temp license based on this receipt.

Please advise what to do. Called USCIS and they said put an inquiry which I did.

Can I drive based on the temp date on DMV license.

As you predicted it’s been three months already.

Cordially,

Atif.

Mashu September 8, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Hi Atif you should talk to a supervisor, I found that all staff in MVA are not aware of everything, I went twelve and first time they turn me back without issuing me license and I was told they can’t issue because my EAD is expired and second time, I went straight to see supervisor and he took care of that, best of luck

Atif September 8, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Mashu,

Thanks for your response. Yes I read your message.

I am there, trying to do the same.

Did they issue you a temporary license as in paper or a proper card one.

Did you get yours before expiry?

Thanks.

Atif.

Mashu September 8, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Hi Atif, They have issued me card license which I have received in my mail today,and my EAD is still valid till 09/21/2017.they have issued me license for 8 month validation.

Atif September 8, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Mashu,

Thanks for your message. Yes the finally accepted the documents and gave the receipt for mail in card.

Many thanks to Jason for creating this wonderful resource. It gives answer for stuff that even USCIS can’t give.

So your new license is valid till May or something.

I went to Supervisor and became adamant that they are not informed. They were not in a mood to do it.

For others force them to verify the EAD 180 day extension throught their systems. After verification they print it out and attach it with receipt and expired EAD- that’s how they process it.

Cordially,

Atif.

Jason Dzubow September 8, 2017 at 3:54 pm

If you have the old EAD and the automatic extension, I think they should extend the license – maybe see if you can talk to a supervisor. I do not know about temporary dates on licenses, so I cannot answer that question. Also, maybe NY is more strict than other states about this, but I think they should have extended your license if you have your EAD receipt and the old card. Take care, Jason

Atif September 8, 2017 at 4:47 pm

Many thanks. Yes I manuvered it and cajoled them to process it with other tips on this thread.

Where are you located? Are you an advocate?

Do you provide services in NY?

Your articles are authentic and info is updated and compassionate.

Cordially,

Atif.

Atif.

Jason Dzubow September 8, 2017 at 5:12 pm

I am in Washington, DC. I am a lawyer. I can do a case in NY, but it may be easier (and cheaper) to find a local lawyer. Anyway, I certainly can represent people there if you need help. You can email me at [email protected], but it will be next week before I can respond. Take care, Jason

Atif September 8, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Thank you Jason. Will send you a message.

Cordially,

Atif.

Mashu September 8, 2017 at 8:20 am

Hello everyone I would like to share my experience regarding driving license on pending EAD application renewal for pending asylum case, I got my receipt and it says this receipt will be 180 days extension in my EAD until my new EAD is going to mail me, I took that receipt to MVA ESSEX MD they issued me new driving license on behalf of that receipt.

Jason Dzubow September 8, 2017 at 3:48 pm

That is good news – Thank you for letting us know. Take care, Jason

Virender September 8, 2017 at 7:26 am

I Applied work permit first time..it has passed 70 days but from uscis no reply..not recieved any mail..please let me know..what should I do..nw

Jason Dzubow September 8, 2017 at 3:48 pm

You should at least have the receipt by now. If you did not get the receipt, maybe you sent it to the wrong address and need to re-apply. If you have the receipt, work permits are taking 3 or 4 months, so hopefully, you will get it relatively soon. Take care, Jason

Gagan Malhotra September 5, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Today my pending EAD status changed to new card being generated, can you share the expected timelines to receive the same. I live in CA and have applied for my EAD renewal from Texas. Please suggest.

Jason Dzubow September 8, 2017 at 5:33 am

I am not sure – but usually it takes a few weeks to get the card after it is produced. Take care, Jason

Gagan Malhotra August 31, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Hi,

I have applied for my EAD renewal on May 10th and the received date as per USCIS was May15, I applied the same in Texas Office and it is still pending. Any guess on what needs to be done to know the status and get the work permit asap?
Also is there anyone else who applied in Texas and is still awaited? Please share….

Jason Dzubow September 1, 2017 at 5:02 pm

Renewals and most other applications have slowed down a lot lately. We have a number of people who filed in April who are still waiting. You can call USCIS and inquire (the number can be found on http://www.uscis.gov), but I think there is not much to do other than wait. Take care, Jason

Axel September 7, 2017 at 11:16 pm

same problem for me, I applied almost 3 months before expiration date, I’m still waiting, the DMV don’t allow me to pass CDL tests, even may driver license still valid (2 months before my expiration date) that’s why I lost a job, and I lost a second job opportunity die to the expiration date of my work permit, I think in Texas no budy care for us,… we pay 410$ for just 9 months, additional to that, we have to run behind them like dogs just to persuade them to do there job in the right time…

Jason Dzubow September 8, 2017 at 3:33 pm

The EAD process is very frustrating, especially in the last few months. The above blog post has some links to the government websites about the automatic extension. Maybe your employer (or potential employer) could review those to understand that you are legally eligible to work. Good luck, Jason

Bel August 31, 2017 at 11:40 am

Hi!
I have a pending asylum process since December 2015 and my EAD is expired. How much do I have to pay for the renewal. 410$ or 495$?

Jason Dzubow September 1, 2017 at 6:43 am

Check the instructions to the I-765, available at http://www.uscis.gov, but our clients who renew generally pay $410, as they do not need the biometrics. Take care, Jason

Asylum August 30, 2017 at 11:59 pm

Hi,

I have a question,if you live in Virginia,your application for work permit,you have to send it at the Dallas uscis or at the Nebraska uscis?

Thanks!

Jason Dzubow September 1, 2017 at 6:33 am

Check the instructions for form I-765, available at http://www.uscis.gov, as it depends on your case category and where you live. Take care, Jason

Asylum seeker August 30, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Hi every one,
Thanks Jason for valuable information.
My EAD was approved finally today and I would like to share my timeline.The office was Nebraska.
May 10 – case was received
June 5- SR(call) for expediation
July 5 – expediation was rejected.
August 7- SR (online) day 90.
August 12- response was “case is under review by officer”
August 29- case was approved on day 111.
Good luck to every one.

Alex August 29, 2017 at 7:11 pm

I opened case in March, still I didn’t get fingerprint letter… now my lawyer told me that we have to request working autorization
How do you think without fingerprint they will give me EAD Card?

Jason Dzubow August 30, 2017 at 6:20 am

I think they will still give you the EAD. However, I recommend you contact your local asylum office, tell them that you did not do fingerprints, and see if they give you an appointment. You can find their contact info if you follow the link at right called Asylum Office Locator. Take care, Jason

Carrine August 29, 2017 at 7:05 pm

I lost my work permit and I applied for a new ead upon which I received a receipt after one week.So it’s 90 days already and nothing is showing up.

Jason Dzubow August 30, 2017 at 6:19 am

Everything is slowing down. Maybe call USCIS to ask. You can find the phone number on their website, http://www.uscis.gov, but my guess is that it is just moving slowly, like everything else. Take care, Jason

Ben August 26, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Hey everyone,
Thanks Jason for the valuable information you are providing for us. I want to share some info regarding my own EAD application process.

Generally speaking in online forums, people either post about their issues, uncertainties and concerns but, I don’t see some one who share assuring information. We all know every case is different but we don’t want only want to hear about the delayed cases and disappointments.

I applied for my first EAD based on my asylum pending case on 17th of July. Got notice of receiving 2 weeks later. Got letter of approval on the 20th of August. Got my card on the 24th of August. The whole process took around 34 days to have the card in hand.

Best wishes to everyone. There is always hope, especially when there are immigration heroes like Jason advocating for our rights.

Nk August 26, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Wooooowww I thank God for this testimony, I say Amen and I believe that I shall have the same testimony. God is good all the time

J August 26, 2017 at 3:16 pm

JESUS DID IT.
WILL DO IT SHORTLY FOR ALL OF US IN JESUS NAME!

Nk August 26, 2017 at 11:13 pm

Amen I received in Jesus Christ name

Dennis Owen August 26, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Wow such a good news. What area did you apply? Please kindly let us know.

Jason Dzubow August 28, 2017 at 6:03 am

Thank you for sharing. In my experience, your time frame is faster than average, but I do agree that in general, people get their initial EADs without a problem. We are seeing such cases take 2 to 4 months, but it can be faster (or slower). Take care, Jason

Diego Hernandez August 29, 2017 at 8:19 pm

Hi,

Question… did you follow your case online?
If so, did you receive any case update that let you know that the card was mailed to you?

Thanks!

Lidie August 24, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Thanks for your valuable work.
I recently sent my ead form after waiting for the 150 days required and received today the receipt of notice. I just realized that I didn’t include photos. They didn’t mentioned it in the notice. What can I expect from now.

Jason Dzubow August 25, 2017 at 11:55 am

You should receive a request for evidence for the photos, and once you have that, you can mail it back with the photos (and any other information or documents they ask for). Take care, Jason

Lidie August 31, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Before receiving the RFE I can’t choose to send them?
Best,
Lidie

Jason Dzubow September 1, 2017 at 6:44 am

You can send them but I think it may be difficult for USCIS to match them to your file. Include a copy of your receive letter and a letter explaining what you are sending them now. Take care, Jason